Monday, June 21, 2010

The Servant Poem

Me:
Serving is a chore,
Ugh, I hate it,
Why must I serve
When I can be served?
Why must I have a
Servant heart,
When I delight to
Enjoy my life?

Jesus:
Serving is a joy,
Something worthy to rejoice.
Do not fret when
You have to serve,
Or think that serving
Is a waste of time.
For being a servant
Is a great joy for all
Who chooses to follow the path.

Me:
My life is a wreck
And misery,
As works after works
Come after me!
I know He wants me
To have a servantlike heart,
But I find being a servant
Extremely hard!

Jesus:
No one becomes
A servant
Without the passage of time,
Being a servant is
Something that comes
Through practices after practices.
Do not fret when you
Find being a servant hard,
For everything begins with difficulty,
But slowly becomes easier
With the passage of time!

Me:
My Lord is a servant,
He loves to serve,
He teaches me the right value,
In time when I choose to err,
Being a servant… maybe I try,
But if I falter, don’t call me a fry.

Jesus:
Trying is enough,
Trying is good,
Being a servant is really so good!
Do not fret when people
Mark you down,
Serve with a lowly heart,
And you will earn yourself a crown!

Me:
My Lord, my mentor,
You are always so good!
In times when I grumble,
You still love me the same!

Though I hate to be a servant,
For your sake, I try…
Not to complain
When things do not turn up right!



Jesus:
My precious disciple,
The apple of my eyes,
Do not fret when
Works seem unfair or hard.

The world gives differently
From the way I give,
They give you material comfort,
I give you the servant heart.

Do not cry
When times are difficult or hard,
Do not abandon thoughts
Of living abundantly,
Even when all things
Seems discouragingly.

Things will turn up well
One day you will see,
For a true servant
Never suffers for long,
That I guarantee!

Me:

Thank you so much,
My servant Lord,
Your love, I admit, sometimes
Is hard to see.

But deep inside me,
Somewhere I know,
You love me like
No other people indeed!

I will try to be a servant,
Though I find it hard,
I will serve everyone
And give you my heart.

I love you, my precious
Servant Lord,
Thank you for everything!